Do you have such an eye for photography and editing, you can spot a Photoshop error from a mile away? Impressive!
Our LA client is in serious need of a full-time Photo Editor with the skill-power, for obvious reasons, and the will-power, to work varying shifts! This is a 3+ month contract opportunity for a stellar Photo Editor with both expertise and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced news environment. In this role you will prioritize and fulfill photo assignments while communicating effectively with other members of the team to produce a sharp, unified aesthetic across the web properties on a daily basis.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
• Must be able to work nights and/or weekend shifts
• Experience with CMS (content management systems) preferred
• Knowledge of photography and digital imaging
• BA degree or 2+ years related photo-editing experience
• 2-4 years formal photography and/or Photoshop training
• Expert with Photoshop and color-correction skills
• Possess the ability to visually tell a story through photographs
• Be able to identify, differentiate and categorize images by multiple aspects, depending on end usage
• Manage time effectively, prioritizing duties, tracking assets and meeting deadlines
• Work effectively under pressure, all the while maintaining a pleasant attitude
• Communicate effectively with newsroom, supervisors and other departments, using both written and verbal skills
• Recognize and employ image delivery “best practices,” (i.e., file optimization, proper sizing etc.)
• Appreciate sports, with an awareness of national and international athletes, teams and leagues
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
Filter is a unique digital solutions agency providing creative marketing solutions, consulting and staffing services. From experience design and development, to content management services, to contract staffing and direct hire recruitment, Filter offers a wide range of services. We have the largest network of top designers, developers and other digital talent on the West Coast, which enables us to fashion solutions that are both more flexible and more cost-effective than those offered by traditional agencies. Filter counts among its clients many of the top global consumer and technology brands. Filter has offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.filterdigital.com.
We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
Filter is an equal opportunity employer.