User Experience + Interaction Design: Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer
Seattle Area | Client Site | Long Term | Direct Hire
Are you a visionary user-experience professional? Are you passionate about creating incredible user experiences and solving problems? Love setting the design standard? Then read on!
Filter is seeking a Senior UX Designer to help a technology services firm build a brand new user experience group! As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will not only help define the user experience for millions of active users, but help create the overall user experience vision for the company.
If you love developing detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas across multiple platforms, then express interest in this job today!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- With the aid of usability engineers, translating customer requirements into a best of breed consumer experience.
- Translating software requirements into design mock-ups to be used by the R&D development team.
- Working with the Usability Engineer to evaluate the usability of prototypes, product designs, and competitors’ designs to push the boundaries of company's user experience.
- Designing task flow, screen layouts, interaction flows, and final mockups.
- Creating and modifying mocked up screen layouts, icons and images.
- Identifying and solving usability and UI design problems .
- Defining the visual language for company products.
- Coordinating and participating in specification reviews, design reviews, and other quality assurance best practices ensuring user experience integrity.
- Evangelizing user-centered design principles and the importance of usability within the development group, our company, and our client organizations.
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years as a key member of a UI/UX team through the product development cycle of several successfully launched web, mobile and/or software applications (as opposed to layout and decorative design).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field such as Graphic Design, Digital Media Design,or HCI.
- Strong communication skill and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong visual and UX design skills: attention to detail down to the pixel.
- Must have a solid background in UI design and have demonstrated experience in designing usable, useful, and desirable interfaces.
- Solid understanding of current web technologies.
- Proven track of record turning solving usability issues through innovative design solutions that resulted in increased user satisfaction.
- Proven work efficiency and success within an agile product development environment.
- Must be organized, self-driven and able to work under tight deadlines and changing requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks across multiple projects, under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated product knowledge and basic technical knowledge, preferably with a focus on the business travel & expense industry.
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Ability to communicate, orally and written, complex ideas with multiple audiences with varying levels of technical and product understanding. Audiences include development and QA personnel, product and program management personnel, executives and customers.
- Ability to research and analyze issues providing clear, concise descriptions of solutions, bringing ideas for solutions from a spectrum of sources and subject matter expertise.
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer.
- Hires, develops & rewards great people.
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do.
- Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve.
- Displays a relentless commitment to win.
- Displays personal & corporate integrity.
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
Filter is a unique digital solutions agency providing creative marketing solutions, consulting and staffing services. From experience design and development, to content management services, to contract staffing and direct hire recruitment, Filter offers a wide range of services. We have the largest network of top designers, developers and other digital talent on the West Coast, which enables us to fashion solutions that are both more flexible and more cost-effective than those offered by traditional agencies. Filter counts among its clients many of the top global consumer and technology brands. Filter has offices in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information, visit www.filterdigital.com.
We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
Filter is an equal opportunity employer.